Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bassinet

Gord and I finished the bassinet last night!!
I am so happy with how it turned out.
******************
I've decided we are just too picky or real ambitious...
We looked and looked for a bassinet online, in stores, on KSL and Craigslist but didn't love anything we found... except for this one-
One problem $450
Definitely not in the budget.
Gord looked at the picture and said, "We could make that."

We really wanted something that we could fold up and store, since you only use it for a month or two.

So here is what we came up with-
(I decided on giraffe because it can be used for either a boy or a girl)
(There are zippers under the flaps so it can be removed easily for washing)

Then when I saw this Minkee....
I couldn't resist ;)

One more project completed...
Only a couple more to go!!

A HUGE thanks to Gord and his sister Klista for helping me ;)

2 comments:

Blaise and Tia said...

Wow Chelsi! You guys are so creative! I love the bassinet, it turned out great! I am so excited to find out what we are having so I can make some of the fun projects you have posted on your blog! I can't believe your new little one is almost here!

Hailey said...

You guys are amazing!! I wish I could do all those things. Keep up the great work! I hope you are doing good!